Wednesday, August 13, 2014

One Month Ago - Reflections from Mikayla and Andrew

It's been a little over a month since our team returned from Zambia.  In that time the Father has continued to speak, grow and challenge us.  I would invite you to read the words of Mikayla and Andrew as they reflect on the past two months.

Mikayla 

Coming back home has been needless to say--difficult. Having to readjust back to your culture is hard and sometimes can get difficult emotionally and spiritually. By daily getting into my Father's word it is encouraging to see that He has a plan and though having to readjust is hard there is a purpose in everything He does. The Father has been conveying to me how important in our spiritual walk that it is to meet people where they are at and allow the Father to draw their hearts. The amount of beauty that Africa has is enormous and grand.  The Lord has created a beautiful country called Zambia and I feel so absolutely humbled that he called me to be a part of his work there!! We went on a hike one Saturday afternoon and the I was able to see the African trees that our Father has made, they took my breath away at each look. As I looked in the distance my eyes began swell with tears, I was so overwhelmed by how beautiful the scenery was. We saw the valley that led into the beautiful mountain range that lingered in the distance that once again left me speechless. Every rush of tumbling water that came from the top of the water falls is special because it is a small glimpse into the eyes of the Father and how beautiful they are. While in Africa we were challenged to not always take the easy pathway, but to be patient and take the long and sometimes hard way that the Father has planned. He did not say that sharing the Good News would be easy,
but it is something that is necessary and vital not to mention we have been commanded and called to do so. Understanding that I am placed strategically at Oklahoma Baptist University to be a disciple for the Lord is scary, but so very exciting because I get the opportunity to tell people about what the Lord is doing in my life and explain to them that our Heavenly Father loves us so much that He sent his Son to die for us. I pray that through not only my words, but also my actions this is conveyed. The Lord has reminded me daily of how special and amazing the power of prayer is. The spirit has been conveying to my heart how important that as a body of Christ and as a body of believers we have an obligation to speak and proclaim his name, in doing this though we are a body and if one person in that body is struggling we are all struggling. It is not our jobs to place blame or judgment on that person, but to come alongside them and give them encouragement allowing them to see that they are not alone nor will they ever be.  I am so blessed to have experienced the Father’s love with the team he strategically placed together from OBU and I am so very thankful for the M’s, that led us in the wonderful place they call home.

Andrew

The Lord worked in immense ways in my life while serving in Zambia. The Lord broke my heart at first, seeing the people and their desperate need (just as everyone else) for Jesus. So in that, God was able to give me eyes to see them with compassion and a desire for them to know the Lord Jesus as I knew the Lord Jesus. So as I was able to share the Gospel with those in the villages- I became almost addicted to it (especially looking back now and where I currently am), I began to understand better how to "break walls down" with the Word of God, and the Spirit used the teams words to open up eyes and soften hearts. I have had my desire for sharing the Gospel grow from this trip, and I praise God for it.                        

No comments:

Post a Comment